I have received the alert below:
"Cuckooing - Know The Signs
Police are appealing for people in the community to be their eyes and ears and report suspicious activity where criminals could be forcing themselves into the properties of vulnerable people.
‘Cuckooing’ is where criminals exploit people by moving into their property, often using it as a base for criminal activity.
By knowing some of the signs to look out for, people can help police to identify people at risk and deal with any criminal behaviour.
Key signs include (but are not limited to)
• An increase in people entering and leaving the address,
• An increase in anti-social behaviour
• Increasing litter outside
• People coming and going at strange times
• Damage to the property
• You haven't seen the person who lives there recently or, when you have, they have been anxious or distracted.
If you suspect cuckooing in your neighbourhood call police on 101 or online via www.westyorkshire.police.uk/101livechat
You can also contact your local Housing Association if you have concerns about one of their tenants."